Friday, March 25, 2011

Bicycle Built for Two



Once I got used to the commands, this was a pretty easy program to work with. I just purchased Finale 2011 and am going through the learning curve. Noteflight was much simpler, doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it did a nice job.

My district is encouraging teachers to use Haiku, a web based learning management system, to communicate with our students, post assignments, keep in touch with parents, and use for some of our lesson presentations. One of the features that can be added to Haiku is Noteflight. Now that I have had a chance to explore and "play" with the program, I can see where it would be an asset on my Haiku page. I would be able to create assignments for my students or have them compose their own music. I'm planning on sharing the idea with the other music teachers in my building at our next meeting and hopefully we can start the next school year with it in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment